Full Stack Engineer (II)
We’re the ones with big ideas, bold vision, and Silicon Valley-casual vibes who are passionate about solving real problems for our clients.
Frequence’s powerful software makes it easy for media companies to stay competitive in the digital advertising space. We empower experts in sales and ad design with a set of tools that allows them to efficiently deliver what would otherwise be complex advertising strategies.
Unlike other workflow software, Frequence is the most complete system on the market, connecting all aspects of digital advertising—sales, operations, and reporting—from beginning to end. We create smart, focused campaigns based on performance data from thousands of local and national media campaigns to level the playing field and make programmatic ad buying possible for smaller local businesses. The data is out there, and we want to help advertisers put it to work.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you have a broad set of technical skills ready to take on technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions of users. You have a solid understanding of applicable analytics and a natural curiosity for producing effective solutions. With your hands-on experience with any of the backend languages like Java, PHP, Python, you will collaborate closely with a team of full-stack software engineers and product managers to architect and deploy the systems of our cutting-edge workflow platform.
What You Will Do:
- Actively participate and own architectural brainstorming sessions
- Work closely with product and engineering team in defining and developing products to meet business requirements
- Write detailed engineering specifications from business requirements and code the front end part of projects from inception to launch
- Contribute and create a team culture of collaboration, fun, and delivering excellence to our customers
- Write database queries and design table structures in MySQL
- Actively communicate and be involved with offshore team and leads
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of professional full-stack software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- You are team-oriented with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You enjoy and excel at learning new skills and technologies
- Demonstrate empathy - Ability to identify customer and market pain points and develop/implement plans to address them
- Expert level of experience with some backend technologies like Java, PHP, or Python
- We use PHP language for our Backend. We are hiring Java and Python developers as long as they can learn PHP
- Expert level of Database experience writing complex queries, designing table structures, and optimizing slow queries.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Angular 2+, NodeJS, etc.
- Eagerness to take ownership
- A global mindset
Frequence is a Top Workplace! Our people-first culture and distinctive mission set us apart from others in the industry. As our company grows, so does our need to add sharp, ambitious, and talented people to our team. We're approachable, inclusive, and encourage open dialogue within our community. This is a place where your voice matters.
Want proof that we love our people? Frequence is proud to be Certified as a Great Place to Work. We are also honored to be recognized by Bay Area News Group as a Top Workplaces Company for 2020 & 2021. And, Frequence ranked as one of the USA's fastest-growing private companies by Inc. Magazine. Join us and let’s see what we can build together.
Ways we show our love (some call them benefits):
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Stock options at a mid-stage startup, 401K
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Generous PTO
Frequence, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Frequence, Inc. we are deliberately trying to create a safe space for people of all races, genders, ages, backgrounds, and orientations. It is the policy of Frequence, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law.