Associate Product Manager
We’re the ones with big ideas, bold vision, and Silicon Valley-casual vibes who are passionate about solving real problems for our clients.
Frequence’s powerful software makes it easy for media companies to stay competitive in the digital advertising space. We empower experts in sales and ad design with a set of tools that allows them to efficiently deliver what would otherwise be complex advertising strategies.
Unlike other workflow software, Frequence is the most complete system on the market, connecting all aspects of digital advertising—sales, operations, and reporting—from beginning to end. We create smart, focused campaigns based on performance data from thousands of local and national media campaigns to level the playing field and make programmatic ad buying possible for smaller local businesses. The data is out there, and we want to help advertisers put it to work.
We are looking for an Associate Product Manager to join our rapidly scaling product team that owns our media and advertising workflow platform. As an Associate Product Manager, you will understand customer needs, prioritize, and deliver products that will create the most impact for our Partners, Advertisers, and Frequence internal users.
You will collaborate within and across product teams to define functionality, write user stories, create visuals, plan sprints, and communicate with stakeholders across functions. You will act as a key product and technology evangelist and authority on the Frequence platform and product suite by building knowledge about current product functionality as well as upcoming features.
We have a distributed engineering and product team, headquartered in Mountain View, CA - the very center of Silicon Valley, so you get to work with peers locally as well as remotely.
What You Will Do:
- End to end ownership: Own the complete Product Lifecycle to define, build and launch features for users
- Collaboration: Work with cross-functional teams to deliver a complete customer experience
- Ideation: Gather and promote the most relevant ideas into features
- Execution: Execute, measure, and deliver on the Product KPIs & Company goals
- Strategy: contribute to setting the product vision and strategy
- Roadmapping: prioritize and plan what the product teams will deliver
- Customer interactions: Address and triage product issues, understand partner problems and help define solutions
Who You Are:
- At least 1 year hands-on experience working on B2B web applications in a product manager/ owner role: collecting requirements and translating them to user stories, working with engineering to deliver features to users
- Experience working with engineering teams using Agile/Scrum software development
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Analytical ability and an excellent problem solver with a data-driven approach to decision-making
- User empathy and understanding UX tradeoffs
- Excellent communication skills - able to convey ideas and questions concisely and effectively
Nice to Have:
- Industry experience in Advertising/Marketing
- Experience working cross-functionally internally and externally, partnering with Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Data functions to deliver features
- Understanding of modern application architectures, big data platforms, databases, SQL, API
Frequence is a Top Workplace! Our people-first culture and distinctive mission set us apart from others in the industry. As our company grows, so does our need to add sharp, ambitious, and talented people to our team. We're approachable, inclusive, and encourage open dialogue within our community. This is a place where your voice matters.
Want proof that we love our people? Frequence is proud to be certified as a Great Place to Work. We are also honored to be recognized by Bay Area News Group as a Top Workplaces Company for 2020 & 2021. And, Frequence ranked as one of the USA's fastest-growing private companies by Inc. Magazine. Join us and let's see what we can build together.
Ways we show our love (some call them benefits):
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Stock options at a mid-stage startup, 401K
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Generous PTO
Frequence, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Frequence, Inc. we are deliberately trying to create a safe space for people of all races, genders, ages, backgrounds, and orientations. It is the policy of Frequence, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law.