Ad Operations Manager
- Full Time
We’re the ones with big ideas, bold vision, and Silicon Valley-casual vibes who are passionate about solving real problems for our clients.
Frequence’s powerful software makes it easy for media companies to stay competitive in the digital advertising space. We empower experts in sales and ad design with a set of tools that allows them to efficiently deliver what would otherwise be complex advertising strategies.
Unlike other workflow software, Frequence is the most complete system on the market, connecting all aspects of digital advertising—sales, operations, and reporting—from beginning to end. We create smart, focused campaigns based on performance data from thousands of local and national media campaigns to level the playing field and make programmatic ad buying possible for smaller local businesses. The data is out there, and we want to help advertisers put it to work.
We are seeking an experienced Ad Operations Manager with a background in RTB media buying to join our team. The role of the Ad Operations Manager will be to manage ongoing operations and organizational development of the Programmatic Buying team. The focus of this role will be the leadership and development of the team members, work process design, and change management of new technology and growth.
Due to Covid this role will begin as a full time remote role in the San Francisco Bay Area or Phoenix metro area.
What You Will Do:
- Leadership: Responsible for leading the programmatic buying team by consistently delivering balanced, solutions-based leadership to all challenges encountered.
- RTB/Platform Expertise: Responsible for being the subject matter expert in RTB and Frequence platform for the purpose of managing issue escalations, effective client-facing communication, strategic planning, team member training, and reliable decision-making.
- Organization: Responsible for building and maintaining a structure of people and processes who have the skills and resources needed to perform the required tasks of the team.
- Mentoring and Coaching: Responsible for supporting and guiding team members in their professional development.
- Monitoring: Responsible for understanding how the team and all individuals are tracking against both its short and long-term responsibilities.
- Evaluating team members: Responsible for assessing the performance of each individual team member, providing them with actionable feedback both in their annual performance review and throughout the year.
- Work Improvement Issues: Responsible for identifying team members with below standard levels of work performance and communicating to the individual the necessary steps to meet standards over a given period of time. Responsible for removing people from the team who are not able to meet the performance level after reasonable attempts to assist the individual have been unsuccessful.
- Communication: Responsible for understanding and sharing the vision, goals, and objectives of the company and communicating how the vision relates to the team and each individual specifically.
- Collaboration: Responsible for working effectively with all teams within Frequence, Executive leadership, and Clients to drive beneficial outcomes for the team and company.
- Hiring: Responsible for identifying the skills and attributes needed for successful new hires and assisting in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring decision making.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7+ years of successful experience in an ad operations role with a minimum of 2 years experience managing direct reports.
- Expertise in buy-side programmatic technology (DSPs, ad servers). Hands-on RTB campaign management experience.
- Strong familiarity with advertising and digital marketing concepts and terminology
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Solution-focused with a high degree of ownership
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage conflict
- Ability to manage and prioritize work with a high degree of autonomy
- A great co-worker with a strong interest in adding to our company culture and contributing to a positive work environment
Frequence is a Top Workplace! Our people-first culture and distinctive mission set us apart from others in the industry. As our company grows, so does our need to add sharp, ambitious, and talented people to our team. We're approachable, inclusive, and encourage open dialogue within our community. This is a place where your voice matters.
Want proof that we love our people? Frequence is proud to be Certified as a Great Place to Work. We are also honored to be recognized by Bay Area News Group as a Top Workplaces Company for 2020 & 2021. And, Frequence ranked as one of the USA's fastest-growing private companies by Inc. Magazine. Join us and let’s see what we can build together.
Ways we show our love (some call them benefits):
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Stock options at a mid-stage startup, 401K
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Generous PTO
Frequence, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Frequence, Inc. we are deliberately trying to create a safe space for people of all races, genders, ages, backgrounds, and orientations. It is the policy of Frequence, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law.